Tuesday 30 November 2010

Reading matter

JUST RETURNED from town where after buying some general groceries from Tesco's, I nipped into Waterstone's to pick up a couple of novels.

A reading group I have joined will tomorrow begin to read and discuss Elizabeth Gaskell's 'North and South' (1855).

Gaskell is one of my favourite writers so I am looking forward to a good read.

Jan, an Aussie, who I met on Goodreads, asked my opinion upon Mark Twain's 'The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn' (1884), which I have never read, but another group which I have joined also are currently reading. She has expressed an interest in my perspective, so while at Waterstone's picked up a copy to read after I have completed North and South.

I've always considered Huck Finn children's literature, so if it proves to be I hope it will be as interesting and exciting as Robert Louis Stevenson's 'Treasure Island' and 'Kidnapped', both of which made excellent adult reading.

Well, now it's time for lunch and the news hour. Good reading, folks! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment